RouteSmart for Utilities
RouteSmart for Itron FCS
Seamless Access to RouteSmart Solvers While Working Within Itron
RouteSmart for Itron is an on-demand, automated routing interface accessed through the Itron Field Collection System (FCS) interface. Co-developed by RouteSmart Technologies and Itron, RouteSmart for Itron supports users with managing adjustments to established reading routes.
From the convenience of the Itron FCS interface, RouteSmart for Itron supports four primary routing use cases that are commonly found in a meter operations department. These include:
- Insert – Places new meters (zero sequence) into the best location in the route prior to download, while leaving the original route sequence intact.
- Optimize – Improves the sequence of a route.
- Divide – Splits a large, cumbersome route or an absent employee’s route into two or more smaller routes.
- Consolidate – Combines and optimizes many small walking routes into large driving routes or skips and misses from a prior day’s work.
Unique features and functionality of RouteSmart for Itron includes:
- New meters (zero sequences) can be inserted into their appropriate sequence within an existing route, or you can perform a full resequence on a route when assigning a new meter.
- Changes can be flagged as temporary or permanent.
- Routes can be balanced by number of hours or by number of routes.
- Routes can be optimized for walking or drive-by.
For more details regarding RouteSmart for Itron, RouteSmart for Itron FAQ 2011.