Technical Support Representative
Technical Support Representative to join a client services team with a reputation for excellence. This position is based in our Columbia, MD, office.
The ideal candidate should enjoy creative problem solving and making clients happy! If this describes you, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to become part of our team supporting our leading route optimization software system.
As part of our team, your role will be to provide quality technical support to RouteSmart clients on all RouteSmart applications. If you can work as part of a team, and can communicate highly technical concepts to users of all levels, you’re a strong candidate for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with client staff to resolve a broad range of technical and/or procedural issues
- Ensure that client questions and issues are resolved quickly and accurately, according to the RouteSmart call handling procedures
- Develop a strong working knowledge of all RouteSmart products and services
- Properly document client cases as required, following department policies
- Contribute quality information to the RouteSmart knowledge base and wiki
- Provide after-hours support for clients on a rotational basis with other TSR I members
- Attend training as available for supporting technologies and environments
- Read and review documentation, bulletins, articles, and manuals to stay current with technical trends and issues, and environmental options that can impact our applications and clients
- Travel (on occasion) to client engagements in a supporting role for implementation staff
- Submit defects, enhancement requests, and documentations requests for our applications into the CRM
- Provide software testing in support of hot fixes, patches, and upgrades in conjunction with Quality Assurance as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- One (1) year professional work experience, preferably in a technical support role
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred focus: Geography, IT/IS, Computer Science, Business
- Troubleshooting on hardware, software, networking
- Excellent communications, written and oral
- Excellent customer support skills
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations requiring quick, reasoned responses
A commitment to providing outstanding service, working in a collaborative team environment, and an eagerness to advance and grow with us are essential.
NO RECRUITING FIRMS
No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates, please email your resumes today to:
RouteSmart Technologies, Inc.
8850 Stanford Blvd., Suite 3250
Columbia, MD 21045
RouteSmart Technologies Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.